Ȩ Contact Us »çÀÌÆ®¸Ê °ü¸®ÀÚ English
¸â¹ö ·Î±×ÀÎ
¾ÆÀ̵ð ¹× ºñ¹Ð¹øÈ£ ã±â È¸¿ø°¡ÀÔÇϱâ
°Ô½ÃÆÇ
Home > °Ô½ÃÆÇ > Àå±â¿¬¼ö

2014 Spring Àå±â¿¬¼ö Çлýµé ³×¹ø°(¸¶Áö¸·) ¹ÌÆà °á°ú
       IIT¼­¿ï            14-07-08             2560    
2014³â 6¿ù 25ÀÏ, Àå±â¿¬¼ö °úÁ¤ Ä«¿î¼¿·¯ÀÎ ÃÖ¿¬½Ä ±³¼ö´Ô°ú
º½Çбâ ÇлýµéÀÇ ³×¹ø°(¸¶Áö¸·) ¹ÌÆÃÀÌ ÀÖ¾ú½À´Ï´Ù. 

ÃÖ ±³¼ö´ÔÀÌ º¸³»ÁֽŠÇлýµéÀÇ Çǵå¹é°ú
±×¿¡ ´ëÇÑ ÇÁ·Î±×·¥ ´ã´çÀÚÀÎ Ms. Nuala Power ÀÇ ´äº¯ÀÔ´Ï´Ù. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Mr. Choi,
Thanks for your continued assistance with the Korean students in the International Certificate program. I know this group is returning home soon and we are glad to know that they feel so positive about their academic and internship experience. We also enjoyed having them here at IIT!

Please see my notes below each comment in your email.

Ms. Nuala Power
Program Manager, International Students
Professional Learning Programs
Illinois Institute Of Technology

Sent: Saturday, July 05, 2014 7:17 PM
To: Nuala Power; Sung Ho Noh
Cc: IIT Seoul; Carl Vizza
Subject: IIT PLP student meeting result

Dear Nuala and Mr. Noh,

I had the last meeting last week.
I have waited more feedback from absent students so far.
You can see their feedback:

Advantages at IIT
=================

1. Six weeks of internship in the US company give people good experience
2. IIT campus is very good environment to make foreign friends
3. IIT cafeteria is one of excellent place to eat
4. Different ways to study major
5. Diverse cultures are available in the campus from various foreign students
6. Easy transportation to any place in Chicago downtown
7. Good facilities in campus such as Keating Sport complex
8. Friendly environment from university staff and faculties

We are pleased that the students had a great learning and living experience. IIT has such an open and welcoming atmosphere for international students and it is good to know that the students have enjoyed their internships, the cafeteria, the diverse student culture and the environment of IIT.

Need improvement
================

1. No clear communication from the PLP for summer dorm moving and registration before IIT housing office contacted.  PLP needs to give complete instruction how summer housing movement is planned because students could not have enough time to schedule. 

There is a new Room and Board process for PLP students that started at the end of spring semester. Now students will be doing all their room and board bookings through the online website portal. This will allow for a more direct interaction with students which will save time and be more efficient. We will continue to make sure the Housing Department is assisting students in a timely manner. Now that this process is in place, Housing Department has assured me that communication to the students will now be more timely.

Internship
==========

1. Non-profit organizations (National MS society, Friends of Park, Chicago Park District)
  There are different opinions for the same company/organization.
  Some students rated them highly satisfied experience vs. some rated neutral.
  Those different opinions for the same company came from different responsibilities and different expections.

2. Cross Realms (IT Consulting)
  Very satisfied.
  The company tried to assign main area that student had background.
  Provided good mentoring.

3. Newly Weds company
  Food seasoning R&D company and historically highly satisfied internship.
  an intern manager was changed at this time and intern's satisfication rated lower than before.
  Worked too much.

Some more comments for other companies were discussed but those are similar to above comments.

We are pleased the students gained a valuable experience by doing their internships!. Our Internship Manager works very hard to match our students to great and well respected companies.  We will monitor any change of staff at the companies to make sure they are aware of our expectations and requirements from both the company and the students.  Students work between 20 - 35 hours per week and follow the instructions of the supervisor at the company and IIT¡¯s  policies and procedure.

Have a good rest summer!!

Thank you very much. Enjoy your summer!
Sincerely,
Nuala Power
2014 Fall Àå±â¿¬¼ö - ¿µ¾î·¹º§Å×½ºÆ® ÀϽÃ
Àå±â¿¬¼ö»ý ±³Åëºñ °áÁ¦ ±³Åë Ä«µå "Ventra" ¾È³»

°³ÀÎÁ¤º¸º¸È£¹æħ ¦¢ ÀÌ¿ë¾à°ü ¦¢ »çÀÌÆ®¸Ê ¦¢ Admin
 ¼­¿ïƯº°½Ã Á¾·Î±¸ ¼ö¼Ûµ¿ 58¹øÁö µÎ»êÀ§ºê Æĺô¸®¿Â 515È£(110-858) I ÀüÈ­ 02-720-3170(´ë) I Fax 02-725-2429, Copyright(c) Illinois Ontitute of Technology, Seoul Office, 2008 All right reserved.