·Î°í-ȨÀ¸·Î
Ȩ Contact Us »çÀÌÆ®¸Ê °ü¸®ÀÚ English
¸â¹ö ·Î±×ÀÎ
¾ÆÀ̵ð ¹× ºñ¹Ð¹øÈ£ ã±â È¸¿ø°¡ÀÔÇϱâ
°Ô½ÃÆÇ
Home > °Ô½ÃÆÇ > Àå±â¿¬¼ö

First meeting of ICP Fall students feedback_2019 Fall semester
       IIT¼­¿ï            19-09-17             1316    
I had the first student meeting last night.
They all satisfied the first two weeks of IIT staying.
Thanks for good taking care of them.
I collected students' comments as below:

Good parts of IIT
=================

1. "Everything is good, and I have totally satisfied IIT experience so far" -- one student said.

2. Professors are very friendly.  Professors in Korea were kind of off from the kindness.

3. Sports facilities such as Keating sports complex, bowling allies, tennis courts, swimming pool are always available.

4. Can eat meals as much as they can at the main cafeteria.

5. Foods are delicious. -- some students (different opinions are below)
    -- food are too saulty or sweet.  (a few students had different taste)

6. The height of the bed in a dorm room is high so room's storage are spacious enough.

7. In Carmen Hall, there is a kitchen for cooking.  -- one student stays in the Carmen hall instead of MSV.

8. The Chicago downtown can be easily accessible from IIT campus.

Things may need consideration
=============================

1. Number of courses that the ICP students can register is limited.

Ryan Nelson : There are quite a few options for the IT courses, however since the Business School will not allow the ICP students into their courses, we have to create Business courses suitable for them. This limits their options.  Also, the INTM courses require permission and an Interview to determine English level to enroll.  This is their rule.  For the Food Science area, there are only three course options available.

2. If students can get the list of registable courses for their semester before they came to IIT, students can make a better plan for exchanging credits.
  -- This is an issue from a few students.  They said their school could not determine if their IIT credits can replace their major course credits.
  -- This part is a bit important for them because their IIT credit only can replace their elective courses.
  -- If they know their IIT courses to take in advance, their professors can determine the credit exchange more clear.

Ryan Nelson : Yes, this is something we can arrange.  However, those courses may change when they arrive on campus based on the English Assessment.  The English courses take priority and if those courses have a time conflict with the Academic courses, the academic courses are the ones that need to be changed.

>>> Professor  Choi : When this type of info delivers students in Korea, a clear written statement can be included that some courses requires English proficiency assessment policy to enroll those courses and can be changed as well as possible course change depends on the school decision of enrollment status.  IIT Seoul office also can highlight the same message to avoid potential misunderstanding during OT. 

3. Continue from item 2, if IIT advisor gets students transcript in advance and determine courses they can take at IIT, it might be better to plan well.

4. Students want to change their meal plan from 230 meals to 150 meals.  Almost all students want that because they are going to eat out during weekends.
  Is it possible?  <-- it was doable in the past semester.

Ryan Nelson : I'll need to inquire with Housing and Residence.  Do you foresee this as what students will want in the future? maybe we can offer two options for students to choose from.

>>>  Professor Choi : I assume the 150 meals will be more popular meal plan for the ICP students based on student request of every semester.  Offering two options should be be a better way.  Thx. 

5. Every student was charged $1499 for their health insurance but this is an annual premium amount. When do students get reimbursed?

Ryan Nelson : This was resolved.  If students paid extra they should see a refund on their account. 

>>>  Professor Choi : Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Michael Y. Choi, Ph.D.
Adj. Professor
Dept. of Computer Science
Illinois Institute of Technology
2020³âµµ º½Çбâ Àå±â¿¬¼ö ÇÁ·Î±×·¥ ¾È³»¼­
Ãâ±¹¿À¸®¿£Å×ÀÌ¼Ç ÀÚ·á Fall semester 2019

°³ÀÎÁ¤º¸º¸È£¹æħ ¦¢ ÀÌ¿ë¾à°ü ¦¢ »çÀÌÆ®¸Ê ¦¢ Admin
 ¼­¿ïƯº°½Ã Á¾·Î±¸ ¼ö¼Ûµ¿ 58¹øÁö µÎ»êÀ§ºê Æĺô¸®¿Â 515È£(110-858) I ÀüÈ­ 02-720-3170(´ë) I Fax 02-725-2429, Copyright(c) Illinois Ontitute of Technology, Seoul Office, 2008 All right reserved.